Afrl NM Maker hub
Who Can use the spaces?
- Anybody with access to Kirtland Air Force Base can use the on-base location free of membership fees.
- All those with Air Force affiliation from KAFB can use our free FUSE memberships by presenting a CAC with “Air Force” as the Agency/Department.
How can i use the spaceS?
Kirtland AFB Location
- Visit the Calendar tab at the top of this page to schedule a training class. You can also email or simply walk in to the space to schedule a class or to prove proficiency for one of the tools.
- Just use the space! Even if you don't have a project, the space is a welcoming and open creative space during open hours. Once a member has been trained on a tool, the tool is open to use so long as it is not already in use or reserved.
FUSE Makerspace Location
- Create an account through “Become a Member” link on FUSE Makerspace “Memberships” page. This will allow you to access the calendar containing offered classes. Call CNM FUSE to schedule a class (our membership currently does not allow the option online). You can also call to request to schedule a class that is not listed on the calendar.
- Members should show their CAC to utilize the AFRL membership (To be eligible, the CAC must list “Air Force” under “Agency/Department”. This is applicable for contractors, active duty military, civil servants, etc.).
- Any work performed during duty hours must be supervisor-approved (can use Innovation Time Plan).
- AFRL has made an arrangement to cover Basic Operating Safety (BOS)-type training for mission-related projects (This is training to use equipment such as the lathe, welding equipment, etc.).
- Any project classes (eg. - jewelry, skateboard building, etc...) must be covered by the individual. FUSE rules will waive BOS training on equipment if a member can demonstrate sufficient proficiency.
What about events and training?
- Information on scheduling for training classes, tours, and equipment reservations can be accessed via the link below.
- Other upcoming events, like our Workshop Wednesdays, can be viewed on the Challenges/Events page via the link below.
- Join our email club! Our email club is the first to hear about new equipment, new training classes, workshops and events, etc. Make sure you're always up to date by joining our email club by clicking the image below.
- How do I get to your social media pages? You can access our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram by clicking the respective images below:
Questions, Concerns, or Comments?
To protect the privacy of our community, we have made this form anonymous by default with no email address or name required. If you would like us to know that this message was from you or to have the ability to contact you, please fill out the optional email address and name fields below.